How A Young Suicide Bomber Killed Over 50 In Adamawa

A seventeen year old suicide bomber has managed to dismantle a mosque in Adamawa early this morning, leaving no fewer than 50 confirmed dead as at this afternoon.

The police command’s Public Relations Officer, Othman Abubakar confirmed the development to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Tuesday.

Mr. Abubakar said a young boy was
responsible for the blast which occurred during the early morning prayer.

In his words:

“We have 50 dead and we are now trying to get the exact number of those injured,” he noted.

The attack which happened in Dazala area of Mubi town in Adamawa on Tuesday around 5 a.m. met the Muslims were observing the early morning prayer.

Fifteen people were earlier confirmed dead, but the figure was later reviewed to 25.

Speaking via a telephone interview, National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA coordinator, North-eastern, Bashir Garga, said eight persons injured in the attack had been evacuated for treatment.

”A suicide attack by a teenage boy after early morning prayers at a mosque has so far claimed the lives of at least 21 persons, and eight others injured seriously have been transferred to FMC, Yola,” Mr. Garga said.

“A boy of about 17-years-old, wearing a suicide vest entered the mosque along with other worshippers immediately after the prayers and detonated the bomb. Besides the eight (injured) transferred, others, wounded are receiving treatment at various hospitals in Mubi North,” he added.

The incident was the first in three years since the liberation of Mubi town from Boko Haram insurgents in 2014.

Kindly Share This:
Nigerian Cable News