Generator Fume Kills Mother, Child In Ondo Community

A woman simply identified as Tawa and her five-month-old baby have died after inhaling too much of fume from a generator in Owo community of Ondo state.

Neighbours said the generator was bought last Monday.

The woman is said to be a staff of the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) Owo.

The incident, which happened on Friday, left the husband of the deceased in coma and admitted at the Intensive Care Unit of the Federal Medical Centre, Owo.

It was gathered that the couple purchased the generator on Monday and left it on before they went to bed on Thursday evening.

Eye witnesses said the family was found when their apartment was broken after they did not report for work on Friday.

“It was Tawa’s elder sister who could not find both at their place of work that raised the alarm.” The witness said

It was gathered that some co-workers went to their house in company of the elder sister of the deceased and broke into the apartment, where they discovered the family in critical condition.

The baby was found dead, while the parents were lying unconscious.

They were later rushed to the FMC where the wife died few minutes later.

(News track)

Kindly Share This:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Nigerian Cable News